CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 8, 2008

In the Midst of the Darkness...

The night sounds echo through the darkness...

the soft breathing of my youngest son...

the distant rumble and horn of the two oclock train..

the ticking of the clock on the wall..reminding me that time goes on..

In the stillness I hear so much...

the soft purring of the cat..

the steady hum of the furnace bringing warmth to my chilled bones...

the sounds of cars on the streets.. telling me that life goes on...

even after midnight.....

In the darkness.. I hear.. In the darkness I listen...

and above the soft night noises of the earth...

the sweet voice of God whispers to my heart...

Rest in me.. lay upon your bed in peace.. I will sustain thee...

In the stillness of the midnight hour... I listen..and he speaks...

in the night sounds of the earth.. I hear his footsteps...

He walks among us.. ever present...ever watching... the Loving Shepard keeping

watch over his flock by night...

And his sheep rest.. knowing that the sounds echoing through the darkness are

nothing to fear.. for he is here.. beside us.. around us.. giving us peace...

whispering "Rest my Child in me.....Close your eyes and dream.. let your heart be still... I am here with thee...

0 comments: